Sunday, September 11, 2011

Epitaph Road by David Patneaude

Have you ever wondered what would happen if women ran the government? In David Patneaude's Epitaph Road, Kellen, a fourteen-year-old boy, lives in a world of women. A disease killed off most of the men, causing some men, including Kellen's dad, to move to colonies far away. When Kellen's mom encourages him to get away from the city for a few days, he knows he must check to see that his dad is stiff safe from the disease. On his journey to find his father, Kellen's discoveries are surprising and thrilling.

Personal Thoughts: I wasn't certain what to expect when I first started reading Epitaph Road, but I was immediately engrossed in the story. Each chapter begins with an epitaph for one of the deceased men. I then followed Kellen on his journey to discover the truth, and to be honest, I was surprised! If you enjoy science fiction and dystopian thrillers, you will love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment