Sunday, September 11, 2011

Miles from Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams

At the young age of thirteen, Lacey has certainly had her share of worries. Her mother's mental illness puts the two of them in financial and physical troubles, and no one is around to help. But when her mother gets a job at the local grocery store, Lacey hopes life will change. In fact, she even begins a friendship with Aaron, her neighbor. But, when her mother disappears, Lacey realizes that she cannot keep the family together alone, so she seeks help.

Personal Thoughts: This psychological thriller definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. What I enjoyed most was Lacey's growth. She is a believable character, whose honesty amazed me. I felt her frustration in dealing with her mother and her sadness in deciding that her mother needs to move to a safe place.

No comments:

Post a Comment